GMC IntelliLink1 combines a customizable color display, 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot2, and support for Apple CarPlay3 to give you convenience and connectivity on your terms. Apple CarPlay3 seamlessly integrates your phone and truck to give you access to your contacts, navigation, and hands-free calls and messaging, all through your IntelliLink1 screen. And with Sierra’s built-in 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot, you can stay connected to the apps you need and the people around you with ease.
Customize your homepage for swift access to the features you use the most, with up to 6 pages of favorite settings. And thanks to multiple homepages, all system features are available with a simple touch.
AVAILABLE 8” COLOR DISPLAY
Available 7” and 8” color touch screens offer a large viewing area and vivid colors so you can see your media and apps with ease.
You can also customize your home screen with up to 60 saved presets of music including songs, albums, artists and genres. You can even save phone contacts and if you choose the optional IntelliLink with navigation6, you can save navigation destinations.
New for 2016 Sierra is available support for Apple CarPlay.TM3 It’s the smarter way to use your iPhone®. Now many of the functions you use your phone for- entertainment, communication and directions- appear on Sierra’s available color touch screen display by simply connecting your smartphone via USB8.
Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you, so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
Make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemail. Siri can help you do all these things. All you have to do is ask.
Access your artists, songs, playlists, and iTunes Radio using your car’s built-in controls. Or just tell Siri what you’d like to listen to.
THIRD PARTY APPS
Apple CarPlay will also support additional audio apps that you’ve downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio.
Access the power and simplicity of Apple Maps from your dashboard — complete with turn-by-turn directions, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. Apple CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars.
OnStar offers an available 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot to keep you connected to people, information and entertainment anywhere you go.2
4G LTE TECHNOLOGY
Built-in OnStar with 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot provides a better in-vehicle experience than your smartphone alone, with reliable, high-speed access to information, entertainment, and more.
The available 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot on select 2016 GMC models supports up to 7 mobile devices so your passengers can connect to the content they want.2
OnStar, which is standard on most models for six months, offers comprehensive, built-in services such as Automatic Crash Response, Vehicle Diagnostics, remote vehicle access, and theft recovery protection. OnStar also offers fix years of vehicle compatibility with the app myGMC mobile app8, which lets you remotely start (if equipped), lock and check fuel levels on your truck. Requires auto locks, factory installed remote start and Tire Pressure Monitoring System (excludes spare tire).
The 2016 Sierra IntelliLink1 combines efficiency and technology. Simple phrases initiate phone calls, access radio stations or play music with Natural Language Voice Recognition. Navigating the road just got a whole lot easier.
The 2016 Sierra features next-generation IntelliLink1 connectivity that adds hands-free Natural Language Voice Recognition. This allows you to speak freely when using voice commands to control your communication and entertainment selections.
Connect up to ten different devices from smartphones to Bluetooth®9-enabled music players such as an iPod® touch.
Play music directly from your mobile device, jump from channel to channel in seconds, set and save alerts for your favorite artists or songs on any SiriusXM4 channel (standard 3 month trial on most Sierra models) with the Tune Select feature. Save alerts of your favorite artist or song playing on SiriusXM.
Now you can even control the road when you choose the available IntelliLink1 with the built-in navigation6 system. Access real-time maps, driving directions, traffic and weather updates, and your most frequently used routes—directly from your IntelliLink with navigation home screen.
MAPPING AND VIEWS
Get to your destination quicker. The Sierra shows you a map of your current location and provides real-time traffic and speed limit information.
TRAFFIC AND POINTS OF INTEREST
The Points of Interest (POI) feature on your IntelliLink1 system is accessible through the available Navigation6 system and Destinations icons. POIs including restaurants, gas stations, attractions, and more—will display automatically on the map.
Access previous destinations, save your favorites or frequently traveled routes with the Destinations feature through the available navigation6 system.
1. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity. Data plan rates apply.
2. Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services and connectivity may vary by model and conditions. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Some services require data plan.
3. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and Apple’s terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data rates apply.
4. Map coverage not available in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and portions of Canada.
5. Available on select iOS, AndroidTM, BlackBerry® and Windows® devices. Services vary by device, vehicle and conditions. Requires factory-installed and enabled remote start. Requires automatic locks and an active OnStar subscription. Ability to send a destination to a vehicle’s navigation screen through a smartphone or an OnStar Advisor is only available on 2016 model year and newer. Currently available to OnStar Guidance Plan Subscribers in the U.S. only.
7. SiriusXM Satellite Radio requires a subscription, sold separately by SiriusXM after the first 90 days. SiriusXM Satellite Radio U.S. service only available in the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit siriusxm.com.
8. Requires data plan, compatible vehicle and device. Some features require factory installed remote start, power locks, tire pressure monitoring system, or active OnStar service.