Sierra’s expertly crafted body and premium appointments form a striking appearance. The new front appearance with stunning new GMC Signature LED lighting, available High Performance LED headlamps, LED tail lamps, and Thin Profile LED fog lamps further its bold and advanced design.
One look inside the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 and you’ll see we’ve elevated the standard for truck interiors. With premium available materials, like the soft-touch instrument panel with real aluminum trim, available technologies like 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot,3 superior comfort, and advanced safety features, the Sierra’s crafted interior is the complete package.
With innovative trailering technologies and powerful engine options, Sierra is designed to do the work you need to get done, and to do so with ease.
The 2016 Sierra 1500 pickup truck sets a higher standard, with purposeful technology inside and out — to help you stay connected and in control.
At every trim level, the GMC Sierra 1500 offers options to meet your needs – and exceed them. Explore 4 different trims, browse optional features, and create a Sierra all your own.
No matter your needs, Sierra has you covered. From heightened off-road capability to a more aggressive design, there’s a package to make your GMC Sierra 1500 more unique.
Available on Sierra SLE and SLT trims, this 4WD package comes equipped with the Z71 Off-Road suspension, along with:
Available on the standard Sierra double-cab pickup, this sport-appearance package features a bold monochromatic body-colored look with striking black-painted 20" wheels and Thin Profile LED fog lamps (vehicle not available until early 2016). Other features include:
Sierra owners expect outstanding power when trailering and hauling, and excellent efficiency when highway cruising or commuting to work. The EcoTec3 engines deliver just that. These engines feature Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection, and Variable Valve Timing that work together to optimize power and fuel efficiency. No other pickup offers all of these technologies standard in any of their engines.
Interact with the features below to see firsthand how Active Fuel Management works.
The 2016 Sierra 1500’s state-of-the-art available safety and driver-alert technologies help you better see and handle the unexpected.
Standard on every 2016 GMC Sierra 1500, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
● Two maintenance visits13
● 3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty14
● 5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty14
● 5-year/60,000-mile Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation14
● 6-month trial of OnStar12 Guidance Plan with a suite of emergency security and diagnostic services
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
3. Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details, and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions. 4G LTE service available in select markets. 4G LTE performance based on industry averages and vehicle systems design. Some services require data plan.
4. The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. To check for phone or other device compatibility, https://my.gmc.com/learnaboutmyvehicle.com for details
5. Not compatible with all devices.
6. Based on GM 2015 ½-ton large pickup segment.
7. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity.
8. Visit gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
9. Data plan rates apply.
10. Vehicle user interfaces are products of Apple and Google, and their terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data-plan rates apply.
11. Requires compatible device and data plan. Services vary by device, vehicle, and conditions. Requires auto locks, factory-installed remote start, and Tire Pressure Monitoring system (excludes spare tire). Vehicle Locate service can locate OnStar-equipped vehicles, not people. Navigation requires Guidance Plan. Ability to send destination to vehicle navigation screen (if equipped) available in all packages. Active OnStar service required.
12. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as link to existing emergency service providers.
13. Maintenance visits must occur within two years or 24,000 miles of vehicle delivery, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
14. Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited-warranty details.
*Premium color available at an additional cost.