Sierra 2500HD is designed, engineered and built to get things done. That’s why our engineers created an organized, driver-centric cab as comfortable as it is capable.
With a 60/40-split folding rear seat, fold it down when you need room for passengers, or fold it up for additional cargo space.2 (Available on Crew Cab and Extended Cab SLE and SLT models).
Get comfortable more easily with power-adjustable front seats. Power driver seat adjustment is available for 40/20/40 seating with select equipment packages, and power driver and passenger seats are included with all bucket seats in SLE (6-way) and SLT (10-way).
Sierra 2500HD offers a host of features to keep you connected while on the road.
The Sierra 2500HD is the very essence of Professional Grade confidence. With its bold lines, signature stance and premium fit and finish, Sierra 2500HD is built to impress.
Our engineers refused to sacrifice ride quality for capability. Sierra 2500HD’s sturdy, hydroformed, fully boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase structural rigidity, resist bending, twisting and shaking. This helps isolate road noise and offers smoother driving dynamics.
Sierra 2500HD announces its presence with impressive accents that make a statement, including:
Gain a more secure foothold for easier entry. GMC Sierra 2500HD offers sturdy, rust-resistant assist steps, available in chrome or powder black finishes.
We engineered the new Sierra 2500HD to exceed your performance expectations, pushing it to the limit to deliver the kind of capability you demand.
Trailer confidently with Sierra 2500HD:
For more information about traller ratings and load managment click here.
Sierra 2500HD puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 2500HD utilizes various technology to assure you stay at the desired speeds:
HEAVY-DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE
The available Heavy-Duty Trailering Package gives your Sierra 2500HD the capability to trailer just about anything. The package includes
We built the Sierra 2500HD to deliver everything you expect from a heavy duty truck—and then we exceeded those expectations with the most powerful Sierra ever.
DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The advanced Duramax diesel in the Sierra 2500HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system.
Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for the U.S. Army M1 Tank.
DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 2500HD start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºF and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
Sierra 2500HD delivers a smoother ride with a fully independent coil-over-shock front suspension and 3-inch wide multistage rear leaf springs, that engage progressively as the load in the bed or the hitch increases.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
EATON AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers an available fully automatic locking rear differential for on or off-road use.
From its reinforced steel safety cage design, airbags,9 available OnStar5 and more, you have peace of mind before you even step foot in the Sierra 2500HD.
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay sure-footed in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to steering inputs, then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
Sierra 2500HD features standard driver and front passenger-side air bags9. Available head curtain side-impact air bags10 give extra protection to outboard passengers, and with the available seat-mounted side-impact air bags you and your passengers are completely enveloped in protection.
ONSTAR® VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
OnStar5 vehicle diagnostics service is available with a 6-month trial subscription to OnStar and runs hundreds of checks on the engine, transmission, antilock brakes and more. OnStar can even check your vehicle as you drive, and you can get an easy-to-read monthly report. That’s peace of mind when you need it.
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
Sierra 2500HD’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System11 monitors all four tires, letting you know when one goes below the recommended pressure.
Sierra 2500HD’s available DuramaxTM 6.6L V8 Turbo Diesel engine and Allison transmission provides improved power without sacrificing fuel economy.
DURAMAX B20 DIESEL CAPABILITY
To reduce carbon-dioxide emissions and stretch your fuel budget further, the available 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine is engineered to operate on B20 biodiesel, a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel produced from domestic, renewable resources, and 80 percent petroleum diesel.
Sierra 2500HD is available with flexible and economical Bi-Fuel CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) capability. The Bi-Fuel-capable Sierra Vortec 6.0L V8 engine seamlessly transitions between CNG and gasoline to help you manage fuel costs – and minimize environmental impact. (Available on extended cab).
36-GALLON FUEL TANK
Sierra 2500HD’s large 36-gallon tank helps you go up to an estimated 680 highway miles between fill ups.12
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. Cargo capacity limited by weight and distribution.
3. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
4. If you subscribe after your trial period, subscriptions are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. For more information about Travel Link, visit siriusxm.com/travellink. XM satellite service is available only to those in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
5. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions.
6. Map coverage not available in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and portions of Canada.
7. Trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming properly equipped vehicle, plus driver and one passenger. The weight of other optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the trailer weight your vehicle can tow. See dealer for details.
8. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment, and cargo.
9. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
10. Head curtain side air bags are designed to help reduce the risk of head and neck injuries to front and rear seat outboard occupants on the near side of certain side-impact collisions. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
11. Does not monitor the spare tire.
12. Based on GM Testing.
*Premium color available at additional cost.