Sierra 3500HD is designed, engineered and built to get things done. That’s why our engineers created an organized, driver-centric cab filled with technology to keep you comfortable, capable and connected.
Extend your capabilities just by activating the available Bluetooth3 feature on your compatible phone or portable device. This lets your Bluetooth device work through the controls and features already installed in your Sierra 3500 HD, including:
Enjoy available SiriusXM® satellite radio4 in your Sierra 3500HD with the XMPremier Package. Only SiriusXM® brings you more of what you love, all in one place.
Sierra 3500HD lets you choose the view on the large 7” display in the dash:
Our Never Say Never attitude has yielded a truck that’s the very essence of Professional Grade confidence – Sierra 3500HD. With its bold lines, signature stance and premium fit and finish, Sierra 3500HD is built to be as impressive as it is capable.
AVAILABLE ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION HEIGHT
For ride comfort with no sacrifice to strength, Sierra HDs have an independent front suspension with features designed specifically for the constant grind of HD use. Features like:
Standard manual-folding mirrors come with a lower convex spotter glass for wider visibility. Available heated, power-adjustable mirrors feature integrated turn signal indicators and manually fold or extend out from the vehicle. The lower convex mirror is not heated.
Sierra 3500HD announces its presence with impressive accents that make a statement, including:
FULLY BOXED FRAME
Our engineers refused to sacrifice ride quality for capability. Sierra 3500HD’s sturdy, hydroformed, fully boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase structural rigidity, resist bending, twisting and shaking. This helps isolate road noise and offers smoother driving dynamics.
You need to rely on your truck to deliver capable performance every time, without fail. So when we engineered the Sierra 3500HD, we pushed it to the limits so that it will deliver the kind of capability you demand.
Trailer confidently with Sierra 3500HD:
For more information about trailer ratings and load management click here.
Sierra 3500HD puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 3500HD utilizes various technology to assure you stay at the desired speeds like:
HEAVY-DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE
Whether heading to the lake or the job site, the standard Heavy-Duty Trailering Package gives your Sierra 3500HD the capability to trailer just about anything. The package includes:
We built the Sierra 3500HD to deliver everything you expect from a heavy duty truck—and then we exceeded those expectations with the most powerful Sierra ever.
DURAMAX™ DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The available Duramax diesel in the Sierra 3500HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON® 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system.
Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for military vehicles.
DURAMAX DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 3500HD start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºF and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
EATON AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers a standard fully automatic locking rear differential for on- or off-road use.
From its hydroformed steel-reinforced safety cage design, StabiliTrak stability control system, OnStar and more, you have peace of mind before you even step foot in the Sierra 3500HD.
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay sure-footed in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs, then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control. Standard on Single-Rear Wheel models only.
Sierra 3500HD features driver and front passenger air bags. Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags8 and head curtain side-impact air bags8 are also standard to provide added protection for you and outboard seated passengers. (Single rear wheel models only)
ONSTAR VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
OnStar9 vehicle diagnostics service is available with a 6-month trial subscription to OnStar and runs hundreds of checks on your engine, transmission, antilock brakes and more. OnStar can even check your vehicle as you drive, and you can get an easy-to-read monthly report. That’s peace of mind when you need it.
Sierra 3500HD’s available 6.6L Duramax Diesel V8 Turbo engine and Allison transmission provides improved power without sacrificing fuel economy.
AVAILABLE DURAMAX B20 DIESEL CAPABILITY
To reduce carbon-dioxide emissions and stretch your fuel budget further, the 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine is engineered to operate on B20 biodiesel, a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel produced from domestic, renewable resources, and 80 percent petroleum diesel.
FLEX FUEL CAPABILITY
To give you more choices at the pump, the 6.0L V8 (L96) is capable of running on E85 ethanol. This advanced biofuel is a mostly renewable fuel that burns cleaner than gasoline.
36-GALLON FUEL TANK
Sierra 3500HD’s large 36-gallon tank helps you go up to an estimated 680 highway miles between fill ups.10
Standard on every new 2014 GMC vehicle, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. Trailer ratings are calculated assuming a properly equipped base vehicle plus driver. See the GMC Trailering Guide for details.
3. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
4. If you subscribe after your trial period, subscriptions are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. For more information about Travel Link, visit siriusxm.com/travellink. XM satellite service is available only to those in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
5. Map coverage not available in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and portions of Canada
6. Capacities and weight ratings are dependent upon model, engine, transmission and GVWR combinations. See your GMC dealer for details.
7. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment, and cargo.
8. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
9. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions.
10. Based on GM Testing and fuel tank capacity. Your range may be less.
*Premium color available at additional cost.
***Covers only scheduled oil changes with filter and tire rotations according to your new vehicle’s recommended maintenance schedule for up to two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. Maximum of 4 service events. Take delivery after 06/01/13. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
† Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited warranty details.