Inside the GMC Sierra Hybrid, you’ll find purposefully designed details of our Professional Grade engineering. From its driver-oriented instrumentation to its infotainment technology and premium amenities, Sierra Hybrid puts you comfortably in command.
Sierra Hybrid’s accommodating and driver-centric interior features give you and your passengers everything you need to ride in comfort.
Make tricky maneuvers simple with the available Rear Vision Camera system:
Sierra Hybrid’s driver-oriented instrumentation puts your navigation, information and entertainment all within reach.
Built on the strongest light-duty pickup frame GMC has ever constructed, Sierra Hybrid gives you the confidence to know you can carry the weight. From the chrome grille to the steel frame, every element of Sierra Hybrid is Professional Grade.
STRENGTH AT ITS CORE
Sierra Hybrid’s standard soft tonneau cover shields your cargo and helps protect your truck bed from harsh weather.
America’s first 2-mode hybrid full-size pickup, Sierra Hybrid can operate on engine power alone or a combination of engine and electric power.
TWO-MODE HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM
Sierra Hybrid’s transmission has two integral electronic motors to give you smooth, effortless power. At higher speeds and heavier loads, the V8 engages to give you power.
PROVEN BATTERY POWER
The 300-volt battery pack built with Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) technology provides ample power without sacrificing capacity. Small enough to fit under the rear seat, the battery pack doesn’t effect your cargo space and passenger capacity.
During normal stops, regenerative braking uses the motors in the hybrid transmission as generators to decelerate the vehicle by applying resistance in the motors rather than brake friction. At the same time, the motors are capturing that energy as electricity in the 300-volt battery pack, electricity that is available for the next acceleration cycle.
Designed as a pickup first and hybrid second, Sierra Hybrid works hard, hauls cargo, transports passengers and trailers load just like gas-powered Sierra models. That makes it the perfect choice when drivers need capability, but want enhanced fuel economy3.
Sierra Hybrid can handle over 1,500 lbs of payload4 and offers up to 6,100 lbs of conventional trailering capacity.5 With Heavy Duty Trailering Equipment standard, you get:
For more information about trailer ratings and load management click here.
6.0L V8 ENGINE
Sierra Hybrid gives you conservation without compromise. Featuring a 6.0L V8 engine with VVT (Variable Valve Timing), you get 332 horsepower and 367 lb-ft of torque, for strong, steady power at a standstill and bold acceleration on the highway.
EATON® AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers fully automatic locking rear differential for on or off-road use.
Sierra Hybrid comes standard with the kind of Professional Grade safety innovations engineered to give you and your passengers peace of mind. It’s also why Sierra Hybrid received a 5-star overall side crash safety rating from NHTSA.6
STABILITRAK® STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay on the path you are steering in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs and then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
Engineered into every Sierra Hybrid is additional strength and protection:
SAFE & CONNECTED: ONSTAR
Sierra Hybrid has a standard 6-month trial subscription to the OnStar®10 Directions & Connections Plan. The plan includes:
Traction control measures and compares the speed of your wheels. If it senses one or more wheels starting to spin, the system applies individual brakes and manages power to slow the wheel down to maintain traction.
Sierra Hybrid was engineered to offer conservation without compromise—taking the best of both gas and electric propulsion to provide efficient power in any situation, making it the most advanced full-size pickup available.3
BETTER CITY FUEL ECONOMY THAN ANY VEHICLE IN ITS CLASS11
ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT
GMC’s 6.0L V8 engine can seamlessly shift from eight to four cylinders temporarily whenever less power is needed. When the situation changes and you need more power, Active Fuel Management engages all eight cylinders for maximum power. Active Fuel Management gives gas mileage advantages without sacrificing power, towing capacity or other truck capabilities.
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
3. EPA est. mpg (2WD/4WD) 20 city/ 23 hwy
4. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment, and cargo.
5. Trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming properly equipped vehicle, plus driver and one passenger. The weight of other optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the trailer weight your vehicle can tow. See dealer for details.
6. Government 5-Star Safety ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov).
7. Does not monitor the spare tire.
8. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
9. Head curtain side air bags are designed to help reduce the risk of head and neck injuries to front and rear seat outboard occupants on the near side of certain side-impact collisions. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
10. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions.
11. EPA est. MPG 20 city. Based on 2012 GM Large Pickup Segment. Excludes other GM vehicles
12. EPA-estimated MPG Sierra Hybrid 20; Sierra 15