With seating for up to nine and unmatched cargo capacity,2 the Yukon XL gives you impressive space and capability. Finely crafted surfaces, purposeful technology, and luxurious touches make the Yukon XL as stylish as it is capable.
The spacious Yukon XL features unique exterior styling that lets you know this full-size SUV is more than capable. It’s ready to take anything on with the professional grade attitude of a true GMC vehicle.
The technology inside the Yukon XL is engineered to keep you informed, entertained, and in control. Both easy-to-use and convenient, the innovations in the Yukon XL will change the way you think about driving.
REAR VISION CAMERA SYSTEM
This available system places a monitor in your rear view mirror or Navigation Screen (if equipped) to display a view of the area behind you.
BLUETOOTH® FOR PHONE5
Enjoy hands-free calling while on the road with available Bluetooth. Yukon XL’s steering wheel controls let you dial by voice and then listen to calls through the audio system.
AVAILABLE TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION SYSTEM6
Thanks to the new navigation system with hard drive, you can take advantage of ‘Time Shift’ Technology that allows you to pause live radio for up to 20 minutes before resuming play.
AVAILABLE ULTRASONIC REAR PARKING ASSIST
When the vehicle is in reverse, sensors mounted in the bumper emit audible warning tones, alerting you to potential hazards behind you. As you move closer to the obstacle, the tones sound closer together.
THE AUTORIDE® REAL-TIME DAMPING SYSTEM
The available real-time damping system is engineered to eliminate the compromise between a smooth ride and precise control. The system varies shock absorber settings in real time responding to changing driving conditions.
When you drive a Yukon XL, you’re driving a vehicle that’s designed with your safety in mind. This powerful SUV is engineered to help you avoid accidents and protect you and your passengers from the unexpected.
SIX AIR BAGS
SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT
Available Side Blind Zone Alert4 uses alternating beams of radar to sweep adjacent lanes of traffic. When any vehicle enters your blind zones, Yukon XL alerts you with a visual warning in the side-view mirror. As you check that mirror, even if you can’t see the vehicle, Yukon XL helps you know it’s there. Requires SLT-2 equipment package.
STABILITRAK® WITH PROACTIVE ROLL AVOIDANCE
StabiliTrak is a suite of safety features that helps drivers maintain control over their vehicle and trailers. Consisting of StabiliTrak, Proactive Roll Avoidance, Electronic Sway Control and Hill Start Assist, the systems work in concert to keep your vehicle on the right path.
AUTOTRAC 4WD SYSTEM
Available on 4WD models, AutoTrac helps you stay in control during complex driving situations. On slick surfaces, AutoTrac switches to 4WD to give you more control and keep you on the road.
Yukon XL comes with six months of the OnStar7 Directions & Connections plan. This includes Automatic Crash Response that, in the event of a crash, enables OnStar to connect into your vehicle and call for help, even if you can’t. Plus, you’ll get access to monthly vehicle diagnostics that monitors your Yukon XL’s key operating systems.
The Vortec 5.3L V8 engine inside the 2013 Yukon XL is designed to deliver power and efficiency without compromise. That means segment-leading horsepower and torque that deliver the kind of towing capacity you expect from this exceptional SUV.
STANDARD COIL-OVER-SHOCK FRONT SUSPENSION
Yukon XL 1500 utilizes a strong coil-over-shock front suspension for a tight turn radius and a smooth ride. Yukon XL 2500 models feature a torsion bar.
DRIVER SHIFT CONTROL
For added control, Driver Shift Control allows drivers to shift gears up and down with the tap of the shift selector. It gives the driver the opportunity to put control and power in their own hands.
With a maximum payload of up to 2,450 lbs11 and a conventional trailering capacity of up to 9,600 lbs,10 Yukon XL 3/4 ton is an SUV that can handle whatever you need to take with you.
The GMC Yukon XL has better fuel economy (15 city/21 hwy) than any other competitor.12 That's thanks to features like Active Fuel Management™ and the 6-speed transmission with Driver Shift Control (DSC). The DSC lets you select a range of gears for better control in different conditions.
ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT
With advanced Active Fuel Management technology, all of Yukon XL’s eight cylinders operate while starting and idling. Once it reaches cruising speed in everyday driving, Active Fuel Management is able to temporarily deactivate four of the eight cylinders. When you need full torque or brisk acceleration again, this technology activates all eight cylinders for full V8 power. No wonder the GMC Yukon XL has better fuel economy than any other competitor.12
This feature is standard on 1500 Yukon XL models only.
Every Yukon XL half-ton model comes standard with a 5.3L V8 engine that can run solely on gasoline, environmentally-conscious E85, or a blend of both. E8513 is a blend of 15 percent gasoline and 85 percent ethanol, a mostly renewable fuel made from biodegradable wastes and several plants like switchgrass, willow, and corn.
*Premium color available at additional cost
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
3. If you subscribe after your trial period, subscriptions are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. For more information about Travel Link, visit siriusxm.com/travellink. XM satellite service is available only to those in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
4. Before making a lane change, always check the Side Blind Zone Alert display, check the side and inside rearview mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards and start the turn signal.
5. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
6. Map coverage not available in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and portions of Canada.
7. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.
8. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
9. Head curtain side air bags are designed to help reduce the risk of head and neck injuries to front and rear seat outboard occupants on the near side of certain side-impact collisions. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
10. Maximum trailer ratings are calculated assuming a properly equipped based vehicle plus driver. See dealer for details.
11. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment, and cargo.
12. EPA-estimated 15 city/21 hwy MPG. Based on 2012 GM Large SUV segment.
13. E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. Find E85 stations near you.