Sierra 2500HD Denali puts a premium on comfort and convenience with refined features such as high-quality leather-appointed seating and soft touch materials, chrome and wood-grain details and the latest infotainment technology.
Sierra 2500HD Denali’s signature exterior design cues are the very essence of Professional Grade confidence. Denali announces its presence with a unique chrome grille, chrome accents and available 20” polished aluminum wheels. Coupled with its bold stance and meticulous attention to detail, this Sierra makes a bold impression.
FULLY BOXED HYDROFORMED FRAME
Our engineers refused to sacrifice ride quality for capability. Sierra 2500HD's sturdy, hydroformed, fully boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase structural rigidity, resist bending, twisting and shaking. This helps isolate road noise and offers smoother driving dynamics.
HEATED POWER RETRACTABLE MIRRORS
These standard mirrors are heated to remove snow, frost and fogging, and feature integrated turn indicators that signal your intentions to other drivers. The driver’s side mirror dims automatically to deflect glare away from your line of sight. Both mirrors fold back for extra clearance in close parking situations or to help prevent damage in automatic car washes.
POWER-SLIDING REAR WINDOW
Sierra 2500HD Denali offers the convenience of an available power-sliding rear window. Get flow-through ventilation at the touch of a button.
REAR WHEELHOUSE LINERS
These black liners help protect the rear wheelhouse areas of your truck from damage caused by rocks, dirt, salt, road debris and weather elements.
We engineered the Sierra 2500HD Denali to exceed your performance expectations, pushing it to the limit to deliver the kind of capability you demand.
Trailer confidently with Sierra 2500HD Denali.
For more information about trailer ratings and load management click here.
Sierra 2500HD Denali puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 2500HD Denali utilizes various technologies to ensure that you stay at the desired speeds:
HEAVY-DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE
The available Heavy-Duty Trailering Package gives your Sierra 2500HD Denali the capability to trailer just about anything. The package includes:
The Sierra 2500HD Denali delivers powerful performance, efficiently. We engineered to Professional Grade standards to give you all of the capability you expect – as well as some you wouldn’t.
DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The available Duramax™ diesel in the Sierra 2500HD Denali delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system. Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for the U.S. Army M1 Tank.
DURAMAX® DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 2500HD Denali start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºF and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
Sierra 2500HD Denali delivers a smoother ride with a fully independent coil-over-shock front suspension and 3-inch wide multistage rear leaf springs, that engage progressively as the load in the bed or on the hitch increases.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
EATON® AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers a standard fully automatic locking rear differential for on or off-road use.
Safety is something that should never be compromised. That’s why our engineers continued to push the safety systems of the Sierra 2500HD Denali until they were worthy of carrying the Denali name.
The StabiliTrak® stability control system helps you stay sure-footed in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs, then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
Sierra 2500HD Denali features standard driver and front passenger air bags.6 Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags6 and head curtain side air bags7 are also standard to provide added protection for you and outboard seated passengers.
ONSTAR® VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
OnStar®8 vehicle diagnostics service is available with a 6-month trial subscription to OnStar® and runs hundreds of checks on your engine, transmission, antilock brakes and more. OnStar can even check your vehicle as you drive, and you can get an easy-to-read monthly report. That’s peace of mind when you need it.
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
Sierra 2500HD Denali’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System9 monitors all four tires, letting you know when one goes below the recommended pressure.
Sierra 2500HD Denali embodies GMC’s Never Say Never approach with its available 6.6L Duramax Diesel V8 Turbo engine and Allison transmission that provides improved power without sacrificing fuel economy.
DURAMAX B20 DIESEL CAPABILITY
To reduce carbon-dioxide emissions and stretch your fuel budget further, the available 6.6L Duramax Diesel engine is engineered to operate on B20 biodiesel, a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel produced from domestic, renewable resources, and 80 percent petroleum diesel.
36-GALLON FUEL TANK
Sierra 2500HD Denali’s large 36-gallon tank helps you go up to an estimated 680 highway miles between fill ups.10
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. If you subscribe after your trial period, subscriptions are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. For more information about Travel Link, visit siriusxm.com/travellink. XM satellite service is available only to those in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
3. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
4. Trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming properly equipped vehicle, plus driver and one passenger. The weight of other optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the trailer weight your vehicle can tow. See dealer for details.
5. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment and cargo.
6. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
7. Head curtain side air bags are designed to help reduce the risk of head and neck injuries to front and rear seat outboard occupants on the near side of certain side-impact collisions. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
8. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions.
9. Does not monitor the spare tire.
10. Based on GM testing.