Inside the GMC Sierra, you’ll find purposefully designed details derived from Professional Grade engineering. From its driver-oriented instrumentation to its infotainment technology and premium amenities, Sierra puts you comfortably in command.
Make maneuvering and parking your Sierra easier with a clearer view of vehicles and objects behind you, displayed in your rearview mirror – or in the available navigation radio display. Rear Vision Camera available on most 1500 models.
Engineered and designed to maximize your comfort and that of your passengers, Sierra’s interior is accommodating – whether you’re on a long trip with the family or a quick ride around town – with features like:
Sierra keeps you connected to the information you need and the entertainment you want with features like:
Sierra’s bold lines, signature stance and premium fit and finish show the attention to detail that goes into every Sierra.
Get to your cargo quicker with the Sierra Extended Cab models. Their standard 170-degree rear-door opening makes it easy to fold the seats up, stow/organize cargo and access the rear seat.
Sierra’s sturdy, hydroformed, boxed frame utilizes high-strength steel to increase Sierra’s structural rigidity and resist bending, twisting and shaking. The result? A quieter, smoother ride.
Give your Sierra an even more confident, sleek stance with available 20” chrome-clad wheels.
Whether your work or play takes you off-road, around town, or to the job site, Sierra offers available packages that answer the toughest demands.
All Terrain Package includes:
This package offers exceptional value on our most popular features, including:
Chrome Essentials Package includes:
Professional Grade engineering is our philosophy that a better solution can always be found through technology and innovation. From our Vortec engines to our control and response systems, Sierra embodies that principle.
Sierra’s Vortec engines use an innovative “vortex technology” that mixes the incoming air and fuel for enhanced performance and fuel economy2. This technology helps deliver torque, smoothness and efficiency.
Sierra puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
Sierra puts the latest engine and vehicle technologies at your command:
The foundation of Sierra’s Never Say Never capability is its intelligent melding of power and performance. Sierra offers the widest range of full-size pickup V8 gas engines – 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L Hybrid and 6.2L – with output that ranges from 302 to 403 HP.
We know what it means to work hard and to work smart. So we engineered the GMC Sierra to deliver the trailering capability you demand. With the available MAX Trailering Package, Sierra offers up to 10,700 lbs. of trailering capacity.5 For more information about trailer ratings and load management click here.
Sierra’s front suspension is coil-over-shock – as opposed to torsion-bar suspension designs – delivering improved ride quality and handling. When your work takes you off the beaten path, Sierra’s available Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package is ready to tame the toughest terrain.
EATON® AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in its class offers an available fully automatic locking rear differential for on- or off-road use.
Sierra comes standard with safety innovations engineered to give you and your passengers peace of mind. It’s also why Sierra received a 5-star overall side crash safety rating from NHTSA.6
STABILITRAK® STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM
The StabiliTrak stability control system helps you stay on the path in bad weather or on uneven road surfaces. The system senses when your vehicle is not responding to your steering inputs and then adjusts engine speed and braking pressure to any individual wheel to help maintain directional control.
STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES
Engineered into every Sierra are additional strength and protection:
SAFE & CONNECTED: ONSTAR®
Sierra is available with a 6-month trial subscription to the OnStar10 Directions & Connections Plan. The plan includes:
Traction control measures and compares the speed of your wheels. If it senses one or more wheels starting to spin, the system applies individual brakes and manages power to slow the wheel down to maintain traction.
No competitor has better V8 fuel economy than the Sierra11. Sierra XFE (Xtra Fuel Economy) offers an EPA-estimated 22 MPG highway and a 26-gallon tank to let you go up to 572 hwy miles between fill-ups12.
ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT
Sierra’s available Active Fuel Management technology maximizes fuel economy:
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.2L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. EPA-estimated MPG (2WD) 15 city/22 hwy.
3. If you subscribe after your trial period, subscriptions are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. For more information about Travel Link, visit siriusxm.com/travellink. XM satellite service is available only to those in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
4. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
5.Trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming properly equipped vehicle, plus driver and one passenger. The weight of other optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the trailer weight your vehicle can tow. See dealer for details.
6. Government 5-Star Safety ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov).
7. Does not monitor the spare tire.
8. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
9. Head curtain side air bags are designed to help reduce the risk of head and neck injuries to front and rear seat outboard occupants on the near side of certain side-impact collisions. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
10. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions
11. EPA estimated 15 city/21 hwy mpg with the 5.3L V8 engine. Based on 2012 GM Large Pickup Segment.
12. Based on EPA highway estimate and fuel tank capacity. Your range may be less.
13. The GMC Sierra LD received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among large light duty pickups in a tie in the proprietary J.D. Power 2013 Initial Quality StudySM. Study based on responses from 83,442 new-vehicle owners, measuring 230 models and measures opinions after 90 days of ownership. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed in February-May 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
*Premium color available at extra cost.