There is no truck like a GMC Canyon. Easier to maneuver than larger trucks and more capable and versatile than any midsize pickup. A quiet cabin with comfortable seats. A high level of standard equipment. Premium materials and precision in engineering and design. New for 2016, Canyon adds the first Duramax diesel engine in a midsize pickup – at 31 MPG hwy16 it has the best fuel economy available in a pickup. Meet the 2016 Canyon: everything you want in a smart-sized pickup truck.
Other features include:
Canyon’s cabin is precisely crafted, exceptionally quiet and comfortable, and designed to the highest standards — yours. Whether Extended Cab or Crew Cab, one look inside and it’s clear why this truck is redefining and refining the small pickup.
The Canyon was designed to be efficient and maneuverable, yet make a powerful and lasting first impression. From innovative cargo box features and a stronger foundation, to striking styling, Canyon is truly a standout among all trucks.
The 2016 Canyon offers an engine lineup that delivers power and efficiency — because you shouldn’t have to compromise.
The 2016 Canyon small pickup offers technology to help you stay connected and in control.
At every trim level, the GMC Canyon offers features to meet your needs. Explore your available options, and build a Canyon that’s all your own.
Whether you want additional capability or a distinctive look, Canyon delivers. Choose from the Nightfall Edition, with a sleek monochromatic exterior and remote start, or the All Terrain Package with off-road suspension and Hill Descent Control. Whatever you’re looking for, Canyon elevates your driving experience.
The GMC Canyon offers state-of-the-art safety and Driver Alert technologies. These proven, innovative technologies help provide peace of mind for the unexpected. Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important safety information.
Standard on every 2016 GMC Canyon, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
*Premium color available at additional cost
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. EPA estimated with 2.5L I-4 2wd models.
3. Not compatible with all devices.
4. Canyon’s 7000-lb rating requires available Trailering Package and 3.6L V-6 engine. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
5. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and Apple’s terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply
6. Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.
7. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity.
8. Visit https://my.gmc.com/learn to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
9. Data plan rates apply.
10. Some actions completed by Siri, such as search results, may not be displayed on the touch screen of the vehicle.
11. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.
12. Map coverage not available in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and portions of Canada.
13. Access is available for 5 years from the date of vehicle delivery and is transferable. Does not include any emergency services or other OnStar services. To cancel RemoteLink® Key Fob Services or if your vehicle is sold, it is important to contact an OnStar Advisor. See onstar.com/mobile for full details.
14. Maintenance visits must occur within two years or 24,000 miles of vehicle delivery, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
15. Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited-warranty detail
16. EPA estimated 2WD 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel engine
17. Does not include emergency or security services. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.