The Sierra 3500HD Chassis Cab features a GVWR4 of up to 13,200 pounds and a GCWR5 of up to 27,500 pounds.
The strong suspension, powerful engine choices and automatic transmission options allow for multiple upfit options, such as utility/service, van body, platform/stake, ambulance/rescue, dump truck or snowplow/spreader.
Standard features also include frontal air bags6 with a passenger-side deactivation switch, Daytime Running Lamps and automatic lamp control, a 4-wheel disc antilock brake system and a trailer brake controller.
With a payload of up to 7,499 lbs.,7 the Sierra 3500HD Chassis Cab is up for the toughest jobs. GMC dealers also work with Special Vehicle Manufacturers or Upfitters to help you find an upfit8 that meets your needs.
The Vortec 6.0L V8 gas engine comes with 322 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque.
The B20-Diesel-compatible Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 has 397 horsepower and 765 lb.-ft. of torque.
The Allison 1000 Series 6-speed automatic overdrive transmission, which is paired with the Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8, has a reputation for handling heavy-duty jobs.
The Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic overdrive transmission, which is paired with the Vortec 6.0L V8, features Tap-Up/Tap-Down driver shift control, auto grade braking and Tow/Haul mode.
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all vehicles' destination freight charges.
2. Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). When properly equipped, includes vehicle, passengers, cargo and equipment.
3. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment and cargo. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
4. When properly equipped; includes weight of vehicle, passengers, cargo and equipment.
5. See Order Guide for complete details.
6. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraint for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Even in vehicles equipped with Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in an appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See your vehicle Owner Manual and child safety seat instructions for more information.
7. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment, upfitter installed body and equipment and cargo. Cargo and load capacity is limited by gross front and rear axle weight ratings and GVWR.
8. An important note about alterations and warranties: Installations or alterations to the original equipment vehicle (or chassis) as distributed by General Motors are not covered by the General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The special body company, assembler, equipment installer or upﬁtter is solely responsible for warranties on the body or equipment and any alterations (or any effect of the alterations) to any of the parts, components, systems or assemblies installed by GM. General Motors is not responsible for the safety or quality of design features, materials, or workmanship of any alterations by such suppliers.