PUBLIC CHARGING – QUICK START
DC Fast Charging (DCFC) is the fastest vehicle charge method, potentially adding up to nearly 100 miles of range in 12 minutes (depending on your vehicle and other factors, such as battery condition, output of charger, the original state of the battery’s charge and outside temperature). It uses a Combined Charging System (CCS) connector.
Public Charging Helpful Hints:
- DCFC allows you to quickly add miles of range to your vehicle when its charge is below 80%, since the performance of DCFC is faster when the battery charge is lower.
- Generally, it is most efficient to charge the vehicle to only 80% at a DCFC station, as charging will slow significantly after about 80%.
- The DCFC port is located inside the charge port door on your vehicle. It is the secondary charging port with a removable dust cover on it.
- Level 2 charging is more common and charges at a speed similar to home charging, adding up to 16 miles of range per hour. Level 2 charging uses an SAE J1772 connector.
3 Ways to Locate Public Charging:
- The myGMC Mobile App† will provide you with route planning and charging locations for both DC Fast and Level 2 styles.
- Tap the Google Maps icon on your vehicle’s infotainment screen to open the app, then tap the charge station icon. Information on the types and quantity of charging equipment offered will be provided for each station. Google Maps labels Level 2 charging locations as “Fast” and DCFC locations as “Very Fast.”
- Ask Google Voice Assistant: “Hey Google, find a charging station.”
Note: Actual charge times will vary based on the battery’s original state of charge, battery condition, output of charger, vehicle settings and outside temperature.
For your security, please don’t include personal info such as phone number, address or credit card details.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.