Today’s mobile devices put content, information and entertainment at your fingertips, and GMC’s built-in Wi-Fi hotspot offering a reliable 4G connection keeps everyone connected while on the go.
Whether you need to remain connected while on a business trip or stream videos to entertain children on a family vacation, there’s more need than ever before to remain connected while on the go. GMC can help – a 4G connection1 and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot is available on most 2016 GMC trucks, SUVs, crossovers, and vans.
Leveraging this powerful connection couldn’t be easier. There’s no need to invest in add-on accessories or a stand-alone wireless hub – everything is seamlessly integrated into your GMC.
You’ll need a GMC equipped with in-vehicle 4G connectivity and Wi-Fi hotspot, and a corresponding data plan. New GMC owners are provided with a trial data plan that provides three months of service or 3GB of data, whichever comes first.
HOW TO CONNECT
1. Make sure your GMC is either running, or its ignition is switched to the “accessory” position.
2. Open the Wi-Fi settings page on the IntelliLink infotainment system to find information you’ll need for connecting to the Wi-Fi hotspot. To do so, either tap the Wi-Fi Settings icon on the main menu screen, or press the voice command button and say “Wi-Fi Settings.”
3. Take note of both the SSID or network name and the password listed on screen. Both of these are key for connecting devices to the Wi-Fi hotspot.
It’s a good idea to change the network name and password to something that’s easier for your family to remember, you can do so through the RemoteLink® mobile app2, or by pushing the blue OnStar button in your GMC and speaking with an advisor.
4. Using your mobile device, search for available wireless networks, and look for your vehicle’s SSID/ network name. Once you’ve selected your network, you will then be asked to input the password provided on your vehicle’s Wi-Fi Settings page.
5. Your device is now connected. Your GMC’s 4G connection is always on and will automatically connect to your mobile devices. To manage your vehicle’s Wi-Fi hotspot, be sure to sign up for data usage alerts. You’re now ready to connect up to seven devices connected simultaneously.
If you encounter any difficulties, just push the blue OnStar button. A specially-trained advisor will be happy to help answer any questions you might have.