GMC CANYON EXTENDS MOMENTUM WITH BROADER 2017 LINEUP
New Canyon Denali, All Terrain X models expand choices, while an updated V-6 engine is paired with a new eight-speed transmission to blend performance and efficiency.
GMC is building on an already expansive mid-size truck portfolio in 2017, as the GMC Canyon lineup now includes the new, range-topping Canyon Denali and new, off-road-inspired All Terrain X, giving customers more choice in configuring a small truck to their exact tastes.
Like all GMC Denali models, the new Canyon Denali is distinguished by chrome exterior details and unique wheels, along with exclusive interior trim and content. It also features a new 3.6L V-6 engine that’s paired with a eight-speed automatic transmission.
This new propulsion system is offered across the 2017 Canyon lineup, including the new All Terrain X package, which takes the popular All Terrain model farther down the trail, with Goodyear DuraTrac all-terrain tires, all-weather floor liners and more.
“Canyon continues to carve out its own niche as the only premium truck in the midsize segment,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “With a broader 2017 Canyon lineup and the redesigned Acadia, GMC is offering more choices for finding the premium truck or SUV that matches customers’ design preferences and capability needs.”
Additional new and revised features available for the 2017 Canyon include:
- New IntelliLink1 radio with 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen
- Standard Teen Driver Mode Technology through IntelliLink
- Available heated steering wheel
- Exterior colors Dark Slate Metallic, Mineral Metallic and Red Quartz Metallic
In addition to its Denali-signature chrome grille, the 2017 Canyon Denali features specific wheels — 20-inch ultra-bright machined aluminum with painted accents — along with tubular chrome assist steps, polished exhaust tip (V-6 only) and spray-on bedliner.
Inside, a Jet Black interior features unique leather-appointed, heated and ventilated front seats — exclusive content in the Canyon lineup — along with unique instrument panel and console trim and Denali-logo sill plates and floor mats. Additional standard features include:
- Heated steering wheel
- GMC IntelliLink with Navigation and an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen
- 4G Wi-Fi hotspot2 with 3 month/ 3GB trial
- Automatic climate control
- Full-color driver information center
- Remote start
- Bose® premium seven-speaker audio system
- Two USB charging ports on the rear of the center console and another inside the console
- Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning (Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings, and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle owners manual for important feature limitations and information)
All Terrain X
This special version of the popular All Terrain package offered on the SLE model is the most off-road-capable Canyon for those who travel beyond the paved path. The “X” adds Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac P265/65R17 all-terrain tires and all-weather floor liners to All Terrain content, which includes:
- Off-road suspension and transfer case shield
- Body-color grille surround and rear step bumper
- Unique interior with red stitching and heated front seats
- Hill Descent Control
- Unique 17-inch aluminum wheels
- 3-inch-diameter round step bars
- Spray-on bedliner
- Remote start
- Automatic climate control and sliding rear window
The All Terrain model requires the new 3.6L V-6/eight-speed automatic propulsion system. The 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel engine is available.
3.6L V-6 and eight-speed automatic
Canyon’s updated 3.6L V-6, which is now paired with the new Hydra-Matic 8L45 eight-speed transmission, leverages technologies such as continuously variable valve timing, direct injection and Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) to balance performance and efficiency. It is rated at an SAE-certified 308 hp (230 kW) and 275 lb-ft of torque (373 Nm).
The new powertrain offers up to a 7,000-pound max trailering rating3 that is second in the segment only to the Canyon’s available 2.8L Duramax diesel, which is rated at 7,700 pounds.