The GMC Terrain is the perfect combination of styling, utility and efficiency. For 2016, the Terrain’s bold design has been updated and features a new hood design, redesigned front and rear fascia with chrome accents, new LED daytime running lamps and a new 3-bar grille design that is distinctively GMC.
Interact with the slider below to view the Terrain vs. the Terrain Denali.
Terrain features a long list of comfort and convenience features and for 2016, premium cloth is standard on SLE models and a new chrome-trimmed gear selector accentuates the interior of every model. Add in available technologies like OnStar with 4G LTE Wi-Fi4, superior fit and finish, and exceptional safety features and you’ll see why compact Terrain SUV is the total package.
Interact with the features below to see the innovation firsthand.
The safety of drivers and passengers in our vehicles is of high importance. We’re offering new technologies and innovations to help make our vehicles safer and better equipped to take on the unexpected.
Interact with the features below to see the innovation firsthand. (Denali model shown)
With a striking finish and extra capabilities, the Chrome Edition will take your Terrain to the next level. Available on SLE-2 models, the Chrome Edition delivers a distinctive gleam from the grille and wheels to the door handles and side mirrors. These lustrous details are perfectly complemented by practical conveniences, making this the edition with all the right additions.
Style enhancements include:
An elevated level of comfort, with:
You can upgrade to 19" chrome-clad aluminum wheels when you choose the 3.6L V6 SIDI engine.
A simple, intuitive 7” diagonal color touch-screen is your command center for all entertainment, information, and available navigation options.
Utility is only part of this compact SUV’s story. Every innovation has a purpose: To give you a superior experience.
Terrain’s performance goes beyond torque and horsepower. This crossover SUV uses some of the latest technologies to enhance fuel efficiency2, gives you the power when you need it and help you keep in control no matter what the road conditions.
The 2.4L I-4 WT engine offers an EPA est. 32 MPG HWY and is the kind of fuel economy and power that lives up to the GMC standard.
Standard on every new 2016 GMC, including the Terrain compact SUV, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
*Premium color available at an additional cost.
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.
2. EPA est. with 4 cylinder front wheel drive MPG 22 city/ 32 hwy.
3. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
4. Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.
5. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child, or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
6. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary with conditions.
7. Access is available for 5 years from the date of vehicle delivery and is transferable. Does not include any emergency services or other OnStar services. To cancel RemoteLink Key Fob Services or if your vehicle is sold, it is important to contact an OnStar Advisor. See onstar.com/mobile for full details.
8. Requires compatible iPhone running IOS 6 or later, Android or Blackberry and active Onstar.
9.Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and Smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity.
10. Not compatible with all devices.
11. Go to my.gmc.com/learn to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.
12. Data plan rates apply.
13. Some actions completed by Siri, such as search results, may not be displayed on the touch screen of the vehicle.
14. SiriusXM NavTraffic service is available within 80 metropolitan areas. Visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic for full service coverage information. Map coverage not available in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and portions of Canada.
15. Map coverage not available in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and portions of Canada.
16. If you subscribe after your trial period, subscriptions are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. For more information about NavTraffic, visit siriusxm.com/navtraffic. For more information about Travel Link, visit siriusxm.com/travellink. XM satellite service is available only to those in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
17. E85 is a blend of 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent regular gasoline. Go to gmc.com and search E85 for more information about E85 as a fuel alternative.
18. Maintenance visits must occur within two years or 24,000 miles of vehicle delivery, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
19. Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited-warranty details.
20. Does not include emergency or security services. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.