The 2017 Sierra 3500HD Chassis Cab offers a versatile body for upfitting, powerful engines, a formidable maximum payload capacity of more than 3 tons,3 and max GCWR of up to 31,300 lbs.4
The Sierra Chassis Cab is also supported by the hydroformed, boxed, high-strength steel frame connected to hydraulic body mounts that work together to help manage side-to-side and up-and-down vibrations. This means that even when hauling heavy loads, passengers enjoy a smooth, refined ride.
The Sierra 3500HD Chassis Cab gives business owners the flexibility to choose aftermarket bodies that suit their needs. The strong independent front suspension, powerful engine choices, and automatic transmission options allow for multiple upfit options, such as utility/service, van body, platform/stake, ambulance/rescue, dump truck, or snowplow/spreader.
The Sierra 3500HD, equipped with the proven power of the available 6.6L Duramax Diesel, is rated at 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque. An all-new induction system draws air through a scoop integrated into the hood, providing cooler airflow contributing to increased horsepower.
In addition to premium power, the available Duramax Diesel comes refined as the quietest idling Duramax diesel engine ever offered in a Sierra HD.
The Vortec 6.0L delivers up to 360 lb-ft of torque at 4200 rpm.
The available Allison 1000 6-speed automatic transmission allows you to easily select the range of gears you need based on your driving conditions.
The 2017 Sierra 3500HD Chassis Cab is all about muscle, offering a maximum payload of up to 7287 lbs,3 a GVWR of up to 13,200 lbs,2 and a GCWR of up to 31,300 lbs.4 This is one workhorse you can rely on to do all your heavy lifting.
Sensors automatically detect when Sierra is on a 5 percent grade or more. It holds the brakes momentarily or until the accelerator is pressed, preventing rollback.
To help ensure consistent fade-free performance, the brake discs measure a generous 14" in diameter and utilize twin-piston calipers. Plus, Duralife brake rotors protect against corrosion and can help double the life of the rotors compared with conventional rotors.
Sierra’s electronic stability control system helps improve stability by detecting and reducing traction loss.
The 2017 Sierra 3500HD Chassis Cab offers an available 4G Wi-Fi® hotspot through OnStar6, so you can stay connected to the Internet as you go5. It’s available and ready to connect to your devices, giving you an integrated and customizable in-vehicle experience.
The available OnStar RemoteLink8 mobile app lets you control your Sierra from almost anywhere. With the Basic Plan7 you’ve got a powerful connection to your vehicle and the world around you.
You’ll have access to select features of the RemoteLink mobile app for 5 years from the new-vehicle delivery. Remotely start or stop your car (if factory-equipped), manage your Wi-Fi hotspot (if equipped), lock and unlock your doors, and activate your horn and lights all from your mobile device.
GMC understands your business. Partner with a GMC Business Elite dealer representative and get Professional Grade solutions at no additional cost to you. Purchase or lease a Sierra for your business and take advantage of Business Choice offers on accessories or upfits.
We get it. When it comes to your business, you need the right vehicles, customized to your specific needs. Partner with a GMC Business Elite Dealer and we’ll take the time to learn about your unique business challenges and offer you real solutions.
The choice is yours! Purchase or lease an eligible GMC vehicle and choose the BUSINESS CHOICE OFFER that best fits the needs of your business.9
Standard on every new 2017 GMC vehicle, GMC Pro Grade Protection has you truly protected with features and services including:
1. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees, and other optional equipment. Click here to see all vehicles' destination freight charges.
2. Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). When properly equipped, includes vehicle, passengers, cargo, and equipment.
3. For comparison purposes only. See the Owner’s Manual and the label on the vehicle doorjamb for the carrying capacity of a specific vehicle.
4. Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR). When properly equipped, includes weight of the vehicle and trailer combination, including the weight of driver, passengers, fuel, optional equipment, and cargo in the vehicle and trailer.
5. Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.
6. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary with conditions.
7. Requires data plan, compatible vehicle and compatible device. Some features require factory-installed remote start, power locks, Tire Pressure Monitoring System or active OnStar service.
8. Requires compatible mobile device and active OnStar subscription. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.
9. 2017 GM BUSINESS CHOICE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: The 2017 GM Business Choice Program is valid from October 1, 2016, through January 2, 2018. Customer must purchase or lease their vehicle during the program period and be prepared to provide proof of business ownership. Vehicle must be used in the day-to-day operations of the business and not solely for transportation purposes. This program may not be compatible with other offers or incentive programs. Consult with your GMC dealer for program compatibility and other restrictions. For complete program requirements, including information regarding offers, vehicles, equipment, options, warranties and ordering, consult your GMC dealer.
10. Maintenance visits must occur within 2 years or 24,000 miles of vehicle delivery, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
11. Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited warranty details.