WORTHY OF OVERLAND SUPERTRUCK
The world’s premier event series for overland adventuring was recently held in Loveland, Colorado—the Overland Expo® Mountain West 2021.
Hosted three times this year—in Colorado, Arizona and Virginia—the expo brings together the world’s leading overland experts, enthusiasts and gear and vehicle manufacturers.
Quite naturally, no gathering of its kind is complete without the world’s first all-electric supertruck. The revolutionary GMC HUMMER EV Pickup inspired the crowd with off-roading features that will make the HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV true overland beasts:
- Available CrabWalk™† enables diagonal driving for navigating tight off-road terrain
- Available Extract Mode† increases maximum ground clearance 5.8" more than the standard setting; pickup/SUV approach angles: 49.7°/49.6°, pickup/SUV departure angles: 38.4°/45.6° and pickup/SUV breakover angles: 32.2°/34.4°
- Available underbody armor and rock sliders
- Available UltraVision† with underbody cameras (front- and rear-facing with a washing function)
- Available front e-lockers and rear virtual lockers
- Available heavy-duty ball-spline half shafts
- Available Purpose-built 18" wheels (included with the Extreme Off-Road Package and standard on the GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 Pickup) and 35" Overall Diameter Goodyear® Wrangler Territory Mud-Terrain tires
- One-Pedal Driving† is calibrated for off-roading, allowing you to negotiate steep grades and other difficult terrain without having to manage the accelerator and brake together
Here are just a few highlights of what fellow enthusiasts got to experience. Enjoy the show.
Photo Credit: Overland Expo
The GMC HUMMER EV Pickup headed to the desert proving grounds of Yuma, Arizona, and Moab, Utah, for the next leg of its Supertruck Testing Tour—the aptly named Desert Domination.
The No. 99 SEGI TV GMC HUMMER EV.R and Chip Ganassi Racing took on the world again in the second contest in the Extreme E all-electric racing series. This time, it was the Ocean X Prix.
Learn about the GMC HUMMER EV’s unique technologies that help create the ultimate in off-and on-road experiences.