DO THIS FIRST
Sometimes, you may have trouble with Bluetooth because your phone’s software is out of date. So, before you do anything else, make sure you have the latest software version updated on your phone.
DELETE AND RECONNECT YOUR PHONE
Delete your phone from your vehicle’s list of paired devices:
1. With the vehicle on, use the vehicle touch screen to go to the list of paired devices.
2. Select the phone name.
3. Select Delete.
4. Confirm that the phone name has been removed from the list of paired devices.
Remove the vehicle from your phone’s list of paired devices:
1. In phone settings, choose Bluetooth.
2. Find the vehicle name in the list of paired devices.
3. Choose Delete or Forget This Connection.
After removing both connections:
1. Turn the vehicle off.
2. Open and close the vehicle door.
3. Wait two minutes.
4. Pair your phone to the vehicle again.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
Check your phone’s and vehicle’s paired devices lists to ensure that the connection is active. If it is in one of these lists but is not active, simply select the phone or vehicle you’d like to connect. If you are still experiencing issues, you will need to delete and pair again by following the initial pairing instructions.
Delete the phone that is no longer in use from your vehicle’s paired devices list.
When you pair a phone with a vehicle, it involves a process of exchanging security credentials to allow your vehicle to gain access to it. An encryption key is generated and if the key is lost by either your phone or the vehicle, they may need to be paired with each other again.
Select the phone or vehicle you’d like to connect. In most vehicles, you can only have one active Bluetooth connection at a time when your vehicle is on. Check your phone’s and vehicle’s paired devices lists to see which phone is active. The system defaults to the last paired device used in your vehicle. If that device isn’t active, it goes down the list of paired devices until it finds one that is active.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
Information on this page is specific to the GMC models below. If your vehicle is not on the list or these instructions don't apply, then please see your Owner's Manual.
- Acadia 2010-2022
- Acadia Limited 2017
- Canyon 2010-2022
- Savana Cargo Van 2010-2021
- Savana Commercial Cutaway 2010-2015
- Savana Passenger 2010-2021
- Sierra 1500/2500HD/3500HD 2010-2022
- Sierra 1500 Hybrid 2010-2013
- Terrain 2010-2022
- Yukon and Yukon XL 2010-2022
- Yukon Hybrid 2010-2013