HOW TO OPERATE THE POWER SWING GATE
The Power Swing Gate allows you to access your back cargo space with a power gate that opens at the driver side and swings out horizontally instead of upwards.
THREE WAYS TO WORK YOUR POWER SWING GATE
To operate the Power Swing Gate, the vehicle must be in PARK with the doors unlocked, or have a key fob within 3 feet (1 m) of the vehicle.
Operating the Power Swing Gate with the Interior Button:
- Locate the button on the left side of the instrument panel under the steering wheel (it has an icon of a vehicle with the gate swinging out).
- Press the swing gate button twice. Hold the second press until the Power Swing Gate opens to the desired position.
- To close, repeat the steps above and hold the second press until the gate is fully latched.
Operating the Power Swing Gate with the Key Fob:
- Press the swing gate button on your key fob twice.
- Hold the second press until the Power Swing Gate opens to the desired position.
- To close, repeat these steps and hold the second press until the gate is fully latched.
To Open or Close the Power Swing Gate with the Exterior Button:
- Push the small square button near the left taillamp on the back of the vehicle.
ADJUST HOW WIDE YOUR POWER SWING GATE OPENS
Customize how wide your Power Swing Gate opens by choosing from these settings in your Driver Information Center (DIC):
- MAX – Allows your swing gate to open fully. Use caution in this mode to avoid hitting surrounding obstacles.
- CUSTOM – Lets you adjust the opening width to a position less than the maximum. Set by moving the Power Swing Gate to the desired position. Press and hold the button until the exterior lights flash and a chime sounds.
- OFF/MANUAL – Check your Owner’s Manual for how to open the Power Swing Gate if the vehicle loses battery power.
NOTE: There is a minimum distance for setting the swing gate. If no lights or sound occur, the CUSTOM opening distance you selected may be too low.
For your security, please don’t include personal info such as phone number, address or credit card details.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
If the Power Swing Gate is not latched, a message will display on the DIC and the vehicle will not be able to shift out of PARK. You can override this function by pressing and holding the shift button and brake pedal until the DIC displays the message “shifter unlock complete.” The vehicle speed will be limited to 26 mph (42 km/h) when the Power Swing Gate is not completely latched.
No, the Power Swing Gate is disabled when a trailer is attached.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.