HOW TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR ONSTAR® AND CONNECTED SERVICES PLANS
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 5 Minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: OnStar-equipped vehicle with an OnStar subscription
Here’s how to activate, renew, change and cancel your OnStar and Connected Services† plans online. You can also complete these actions by speaking with an OnStar Advisor: push the blue OnStar button or call 1.888.466.7827.
ACTIVATE YOUR SERVICES OR PURCHASE A PLAN
Your vehicle needs to be in an Active state to purchase a plan online.
To check if OnStar and Connected Services are active on your vehicle:
- Visit My Account – Plans & Services.
- Select your vehicle.
- If you see a View My Plans button under OnStar and Connected Services, you can select it to view your current services or explore plans available to purchase online.
- If you see “OnStar and Connected Services are not active for this vehicle,” you will need to push the blue OnStar button in your vehicle or call 1.888.466.7827 to speak with an Advisor. You may be eligible for a special trial. To learn more about current offers, click here.
RENEW YOUR PLAN
- If your OnStar or Connected Services trial or plan has expired, or is expiring soon, you can renew by visiting My Plans.
- If you are in your trial period, your paid service plan will begin once your trial ends.
CHANGE YOUR PLAN
To add additional services to your existing plan, view available add-ons here.
To change your subscription to a different plan, push the blue OnStar button or call 1.888.466.7827 to speak with an Advisor.
CANCEL YOUR PLAN
To cancel your plan, push the blue OnStar button or call 1.888.466.7827 to speak with an Advisor.
To cancel your plan online (California and Vermont residents only):
- Visit My Plans.
- Follow the cancellation prompts on screen.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
You may transfer your OnStar service plan if:
- You have an active, customer-paid OnStar service plan and account
- The primary driver does not change
- The new vehicle is equipped with OnStar hardware
If you still own the vehicle listed on your service plan, the plan cannot be switched to a different driver. Any service plan included with your vehicle purchase remains with the vehicle if it is sold or traded in with an active OnStar trial.
If you sell or trade in your vehicle, return a leased vehicle, or your vehicle is totaled because of collision damage, please call 1.888.4ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827) with your OnStar account number or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). They will update your account status or transfer your service. You'll also need the date the vehicle was sold, traded or totaled. If you’re not eligible to transfer your service plan, a refund, if applicable, will be given for the remaining service plan time you purchased.
Family Sharing allows you to share your GM vehicle(s) and available connected services with your Family Members, without the need to share your sign-in or security PIN on your account. To share your account:
1. Go to GMC.com.
2. Select the account icon.
3. Sign in to My Account.
4. Select the Family Sharing tab.
a. In the desktop view, the Family Sharing tab will appear on the left side of the screen.
b. In the mobile view, the Family Sharing tab will appear along the top of the screen. You may have to scroll left or right to see it.
5. Select the Invite Family Member button.
6. You’ll be taken to an information page that explains what a Family Member can do once the account is shared. Select Next.
7. Enter your Family Member’s contact information. Select Next.
8. Select the vehicle(s) you want to assign to your Family Member. Select Next.
9. Confirm the information. If it looks good, select Send email invite.
10. The system will send the invite. You will receive an email when they accept.
By inviting a Family Member, you’re sharing your vehicle with them, so make sure it’s someone you know and trust. You’ll receive an email when they accept your invitation.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
Information on this page is specific to the GMC models below. If your vehicle is not on the list or these instructions don't apply, then please see your Owner's Manual.