HOW TO MANAGE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE ONSTAR GUARDIAN APP
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 10 Minutes | Tools Required: Smart phone | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: OnStar Guardian app installed
Learn how to add up to seven family members and loved ones to your OnStar® Guardian™ App† account — at no additional cost — giving you all access to key OnStar safety services.
You can add up to seven family members† to your OnStar Guardian account at no additional cost — simply by sharing a unique code. Key OnStar safety services — Mobile Crash Response, Roadside Assistance, Location Status — can give everyone added confidence and connection, wherever they are. When you add people to your account, you and your loved ones can share your locations with each other. You can even get notifications when family members leave for or arrive at a destination.
The OnStar Guardian app also lets you invite up to seven loved ones to the "My Family" group. Everyone gets the safety services within the app as well as Location Status, which includes:
- Viewing one another on a live map
- Real-time location updates
- Ability to share location
- Cellphone battery life status
To add family members:
- Open the OnStar Guardian app.
- Select the “My Family” section from the menu.
- Access your unique code by clicking the “+” icon.
- Click the “Share” button to send the access code to family or loved ones.
To remove a family member:
- Open the app.
- Open the “My Family” section from the menu.
- Choose the menu next to the family member you wish to remove from your account.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
You can manage your account online by signing in to your GM Account, pushing the blue OnStar button in your vehicle and speaking with an Advisor, or calling 1.888.4ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827).
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.