ABOUT NPR ONE IN-VEHICLE APP
ENJOY NPR STORIES, SHOWS AND PODCASTS ON THE ROAD
The NPR One In-Vehicle App† is a whole new way to listen to stories, shows and podcasts from NPR and your local public radio stations.
ABOUT THE NPR ONE IN-VEHICLE APP
The NPR One In-Vehicle App delivers the top news of the moment and a hand-curated flow of stories on compatible infotainment systems.† An eligible Connected Services† plan and an NPR account are required to use the app.
To get started, download the NPR One In-Vehicle App by opening the APPS† icon or Play Store on your vehicle’s center display, depending on your model, and selecting NPR ONE. Launch the app by tapping the NPR ONE icon on your vehicle’s center display. After opening the app, accept the NPR One Terms and Conditions.
When you launch the app for the first time, you’ll also need to log in to an NPR account using your mobile device. If you do not have an NPR account, there is no charge to create one. Follow these steps to set one up:
- Browse to npr.org/device and follow the instructions by entering the code you see on your vehicle’s center display.
- When you see a message on your mobile device saying your login was successful, the vehicle’s infotainment system will sync automatically and your NPR One In-Vehicle App listening experience will start. The syncing process may take a few seconds.
After login, the “NOW PLAYING” screen will display, which automatically starts playing content from NPR and your local station. The screen will display the name of the show or podcast, any available artwork and the name and date of the episode or story.
On the NPR One home screen, you will see three tiles. Here’s what they do:
- NOW PLAYING takes you to the media screen for the story or episode you are listening to. You can pause, skip or rewind the content 30 seconds. The screen displays the name of the podcast or show, any available artwork, and the name and date of the episode or story. There is also an option to mark a story or episode as interesting so similar content will be displayed.
- RECOMMENDED shows a list of recommended podcasts.
- SETTINGS displays a list of member stations to localize your NPR One In-Vehicle App flow with local news and podcast episodes. You can also sign out of your NPR account from this tile.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
Yes, you can use your In-Vehicle Data† connection to use the NPR One In-Vehicle App.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner’s Manual for more information about features.