TOW WITH CONFIDENCE AND CONTROL WITH GMC YUKON’S TRAILERING TECHNOLOGIES
What do you get when you combine serious capability with a first-class interior experience? You get the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL. The GMC Yukon has a reputation for being one of the most luxurious SUVs in the market, but there’s more to this vehicle than its premium interiors.
The GMC Yukon packs a serious punch when it comes to the power under the hood — paired with thoughtful technologies, this SUV makes the perfect trailering companion. With recent enhancements to trailering† capabilities, your 2022 Yukon or Yukon XL offers not just serious pulling power, but thoughtful technologies that make towing easy.
TRAILERING WITH CONFIDENCE
The GMC Yukon offers everything you need to pull a camper, boat or large trailer. Maneuver with confidence with up to 13 available camera views†, including High Definition Surround Vision† and the Rear Camera Mirror† that provides a wide, less obstructed view behind your vehicle.
The available Max Trailering Package, which comes standard on the 2023 GMC Yukon Denali Ultimate, delivers a max towing capacity of 8,000 lbs.† and features an enhanced cooling radiator, and the available enhanced trailering technology package provides additional viewpoints of your vehicle and trailer so you can tow with confidence. Continue reading to learn more about these purposeful trailering technologies.
PROGRADE™ TRAILERING SYSTEM
A basic towing package might only include a hitch, wiring connector and hitching hardware. The available ProGrade Trailering System† brings thoughtful trailering features that streamline the hitching and towing process with tools that help the driver. The ProGrade Trailering System includes:
- In-Vehicle Trailering App† is accessible within the GMC Infotainment System†. Paired with your myGMC Mobile App†, you’ll have access to features such as pre-departure checklists, trailer light tests, customizable trailer profiles and trailer tire pressure monitoring. Additional features like Trailer Brake Gain Recall, Tow Haul Reminders and Gross Combination Weight (GCW) alerts have been added to 2023 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View† displays a guideline on the Rear Vision Camera† [safety_short] view when in reverse to help line up your hitch with your trailer and offers a close-up view of your hitch. When driving, Hitch Guidance with Hitch View also allows you to briefly check your trailer using your Rear Vision Camera View.
- Trailer Blind Side Zone Alert† (Not available on SLE trim) makes towing boats, campers or large trailers easy by alerting you when a moving vehicle is detected in a side blind zone that is extended to trailer lengths and helps avoid lane change collisions.
ENHANCED TRAILERING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE†
The available Enhanced Trailering Technology Package† offers an innovative and more comprehensive trailering experience in your GMC Yukon, providing additional features and viewpoints around the vehicle and trailer when towing. This package includes:
- Trailer Camera Provisions
- Trailering Assist Guidelines
- Auxiliary Trailer Camera
To learn more about the capability and features available with the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, visit the Yukon page here.