PURPOSEFUL TECHNOLOGY: GMC DRIVES TRAILERING CONFIDENCE
With their strength and capabilities, GMCs are built for trailering†.
When you add leading-edge technologies, such as the available Sierra 1500’s and Sierra Heavy Duty’s available ProGrade™ Trailering System†, pulling your ATVs or RV becomes a pleasure. The system employs cameras along with an in-vehicle trailering app that’s integrated with the Sierras’ infotainment system†.
Key ProGrade Trailering features include:
- Trailer light test: No need to find a helper to run through an external light test on your truck or trailer — just press a button on the screen, and the truck and trailer will run through a specific lighting sequence (apply brake lights, turn signals, etc.), making this a one-person job.
- Customizable trailer profiles: Once a trailer is connected, it can be saved as a stored profile within the app. These profiles can help keep track of trailer mileage, provide reminders of trailer maintenance intervals and recall trailer brake-controller gain settings, amongst other features.
- Predeparture checklists: Sierra’s infotainment screen can provide a step-by-step illustrated guide of what’s required to connect a trailer to the truck. For those new to trailering, these steps can be expanded to show illustrated examples of what connections need to be made.
- Access up to 15 available camera views† (including industry-first Transparent Trailer†).
- You can also utilize your smartphone as part of the trailering process via the available myGMC mobile app†.
IN•COMMAND SMART TRAILER
The Smart Trailer feature — available on Sierra 1500 and Sierra Heavy Duty models — allows owners to interact with a properly equipped RV’s smart-home technology from the GMC’s infotainment screen or via the myGMC app. Integrated to work with RVs featuring ASA Electronics’ iN•Command® Control Systems with Global Connect®†, this convenient technology allows you to monitor and control various RV functions, including water-tank levels, HVAC controls and power slide-outs.
YUKON PROGRADE TRAILERING SYSTEM
For drivers who prefer to do their trailering from behind the wheel of a premium SUV, Yukon’s available ProGrade Trailering System offers:
• Hitch Guidance with Hitch View†
• Trailer brake controller
• In-vehicle trailering app†
• Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert† (not available on SLE)
In addition, Yukon offers an available up to nine camera views† (including Hitch View†), as well as the myGMC app functionality.