INNOVATION AT ITS FINEST
The 2021 Sierra Heavy Duty pickup takes technology to the next level, delivering a premium driving experience with advanced connectivity and superior convenience.
CLASS-LEADING AVAILABLE 15 CAMERA VIEWS
Easily keep tabs on your truck and trailer with up to 15 different available camera views† including HD Surround Vision,† Rear Camera Mirror† and Bed View Camera† — more than any competitor† — to optimize the view around the truck and compatible trailers. Learn more at GMC Life.
*Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information. Some camera views require available accessory camera and installation. Not compatible with all trailers. See your dealer for details.
AVAILABLE REAR CAMERA MIRROR†
The available Rear Camera Mirror uses a camera to provide you a wide and less obstructed view behind the vehicle while you’re driving. You can switch between the camera view and a traditional rearview mirror.
AVAILABLE FIRST-IN-CLASS 15” DIAGONAL HEAD-UP DISPLAY
A multicolor 15" diagonal Head-Up Display (a first in the heavy-duty pickup class) helps you keep your eyes on the road by projecting directly onto the windshield key information such as:
- Available Navigation†
- Forward Collision Alert†
- Lane Departure Warning†
- Cruise Control
- Low Fuel
- Off-road inclinometer that measures fore-and-aft tilt, front tire angle and left-and-right tilt
AVAILABLE HD SURROUND VISION†
Available HD Surround Vision uses multiple cameras to display a digital overhead image of the area around your vehicle along with Rear Vision Camera or front views. It works at low speeds and may help you park and avoid nearby objects. You can select additional views on your camera display.
PROGRADE™ TRAILERING SYSTEM
The Sierra Heavy Duty pickup truck is engineered to enhance your trailering experience with the ProGrade Trailering System†. This system of intelligent trailering technologies helps streamline the hitching and towing process with integrated tools that help you tow with commanding control.
To help improve your trailering experience, Sierra Heavy Duty’s available In-Vehicle Trailering App† offers custom trailer profiles, trailer statuses including available tire pressure and temperature monitoring†, and more. The app is integrated and accessible through Sierra’s Infotainment System†, with features including:
- Create 5 custom trailer profiles based on trailer name, trailer type, trailer hitch type
- Phone companion app, myGMC Mobile App† adding convenience when outside the truck or trailer
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring system that measures pressure and temperature (requires Trailer Pressure Monitor Sensors)
- Trailer Light Sequence, which includes automatic lighting test sequence
- Maintenance reminders
- Step-by-step pre-departure checklists
- Track trailer mileage and fuel economy
myGMC Mobile App† Trailering Features include:
- Create and manage trailer profiles, even share with other Sierra owners
- Trailer Light Test
o Remotely activate trailer lights to ensure in working order
- Pre-Departure Checklist
o Review a pre-departure checklist, or create your own
- Trailer Load Calculator
o Find out the combined weight of your truck and trailer for a confident towing experience
- Trailering Health
o View and receive alerts on key components of your trailer like tire pressure monitoring and trailer miles
- Trailering Glossary
o Quick reference to trailering related materials
Sierra Heavy Duty is being designed to integrate ASA Electronics™' iN∙Command® Control System with Global Connect† and accessed through the myGMC Mobile App.† The system allows owners to monitor and control a range of smart systems, such as water tank levels, HVAC controls and even power slide-outs, in compatible recreational trailers equipped with the technology†. Learn more about iN∙Command® Control System with Global Connect.
NEW 2021 TRAILERING FEATURES
AVAILABLE JACKKNIFE ALERT†
- Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and if the front of the trailer approaches the rear of the vehicle, an alert is displayed that you’re in a potential jackknife situation
- A yellow warning alert will be displayed when truck/trailer angle is 75% into a jackknife scenario
- A red warning alert will be displayed when truck/trailer angle is 90% into a jackknife scenario (i.e., collision is imminent)
- Depending on customer settings for alerts and Safety Alert Seat† availability, there will be a chime or haptic alerts associated with warnings
AVAILABLE BED VIEW† WITH ZOOM AND HITCH GUIDANCE
Bed View uses a camera in the Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp to allow you to see inside the bed to check on cargo while driving. When enabled, additional features such as a Cargo Bed Zoom View and Bed Hitch Guidance are helpful for hooking up a gooseneck/fifth-wheel trailer.
REAR TRAILER VIEW†
- Uses an available customer-installed GM auxiliary accessory camera mounted on the rear of the compatible trailer to show vehicles or objects behind the trailer
- The view now includes guidelines to assist when backing the trailer into place and a trailer-angle indicator to show the relationship between the truck and trailer
REAR SIDE VIEW ENHANCEMENTS
- Provides a line of sight down either side of the truck. When a compatible trailer is connected, you’ll see a split view of the left and right sides of the truck and trailer
- While driving in reverse with a trailer, the view automatically biases based on the trailer’s angle
- When enabled and driving forward with the turn signal activated, a Trailer Length Indicator† when enabled and driving forward with the turn signal activated, the center console screen displays a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer, showing when other vehicles are present and may interfere with your lane-change maneuver
MULTIPRO AUDIO SYSTEM† BY KICKER®
When you’re camping or tailgating and want to bring your music outdoors – without leaving your truck running – the available accessory MultiPro Audio System by Kicker is designed to integrate into the MultiPro™ Tailgate. This 100-watt exterior audio system has full Bluetooth®† streaming capability.
Learn more on GMC Life.
AVAILABLE SIRIUSXM® 360L†
SiriusXM with 360L is the newest, most advanced SiriusXM entertainment experience ever offered in a GM vehicle. You get a variety of premium content including 100+ channels of ad-free music, plus On Demand shows, performances, talk, entertainment, original programming, artist-dedicated channels and much more.
AVAILABLE AMAZON ALEXA BUILT-IN
With Apple CarPlay compatibility† you have wired or wireless access to iPhone features such as hands-free phone calls and messaging, Apple Music™, Apple Maps and more. Standard on all HD models.
Android Auto† gives your compatible smartphone on-the-go access to Android features such as Google Maps, Google Play Music and more via wired or available Wireless Phone Projection.
ADVANCED SAFETY AND DRIVER ASSISTANCE TECHNOLOGY
Enhance your awareness of the road and surrounding vehicles with Sierra Heavy Duty’s intelligent safety technologies.
Safety or driver-assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important feature limitations and information.
AVAILABLE LANE DEPARTURE WARNING
Uses a brief, gentle steering wheel turn to alert you when you may be unintentionally drifting out of detected lane lines, so you can steer to stay safely in your lane. If needed, you may receive additional Lane Departure Warning alerts. System alerts do not occur if you’re using your turn signal or it detects that you are intentionally leaving your lane. Available on SLE, SLT and AT4. Standard on Denali.
AVAILABLE FRONT AND REAR PARK ASSIST
Front and Rear Park Assist provides distance alerts to nearby detected objects to help you park and avoid objects at low speeds. Available on base Sierra HD, SLE, SLT and AT4. Standard on Denali.
ADVANCED SAFETY ALERTS
Safety Alert Seat† uses left, right, or both-side driver seat vibration pulses to help you identify the direction of potential crashes so you can quickly take action. You can also switch to beeping crash avoidance alerts. Available on SLT and AT4. Standard on Denali.
When driving conditions are dark, available IntelliBeam auto high beams can automatically turn the vehicle’s high-beam headlamps on and off according to surrounding traffic conditions. Available on SLE, SLT and AT4. Standard on Denali.
Teen Driver helps encourage safe driving habits for new drivers. It automatically activates certain available safety systems and allows parents to set limits on other features. There is even an in-vehicle report card that parents can access to help with coaching their teen driver. Get more details about teen driver safety.