TIRE AND WHEEL PROTECTION
TIRE AND WHEEL PROTECTION & TIRE AND WHEEL
GMC Tire and Wheel Protection protects your vehicle’s tires and wheels from road hazards that are covered by the plan. Coverage is offered in two levels: Tire and Wheel Protection and Tire and Wheel Protection Plus.
Tire and Wheel Protection
Tire and Wheel Protection can repair or replace flat tires and damaged wheels that result from covered road hazards.
Tire and Wheel Protection Plus
Tire and Wheel Protection Plus† can cover the costs associated with minor repair of cosmetic damage, in addition to the coverage of the standard Tire and Wheel Protection. Chrome, chrome-clad, and steel wheels may also be covered for minor wheel repair of scrapes and scratches caused by covered road hazards.
Covered road hazards
Road hazards NOT covered
- Normal wear
- Dry rot
- Abnormal wear from misalignment
- Racing tires
- Oversized tires and wheels
- Cosmetic damage (unless Tire and Wheel Protection Plus is purchased)
Emergency road service includes
Mechanical first aid
Any service requiring a minor adjustment (exclusive of parts) to enable your disabled vehicle to proceed under its own power.
Changing of a flat tire with an inflated spare.
Attempting to start a vehicle with a booster battery.
Delivery of emergency supplies and other accessories and supplies as may be required and available. (Delivered materials to be paid by you.)
When your vehicle is disabled, it will be towed up to 25 miles to a destination of your choice by an authorized towing service.
If keys are locked inside your vehicle, a locksmith will be dispatched to assist you in gaining entry to your locked vehicle.
Your vehicle’s tires are covered if damaged by road hazards outlined in the GMC Tire Protection Plan.
Key benefits include:
- Available for new vehicles and on eligible tires. Begins on date of purchase†
- Coverage is available for 36 months or 60 months from date of purchase
- Can be canceled† within 10 days for a full refund
- No deductible
- Repaired/installed by GMC Certified Service experts
If your tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard, the repair will be covered up to $25 per occurrence. Reimbursement is limited to two tire repair claims during the coverage term.
If your tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard and cannot be safely repaired, your tire will be replaced with one of equal or similar features and functionality. The service contract will pay for the following services, up to $15 total per covered tire replacement: mounting, balancing, valve stem replacement, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and taxes.
Note: In the event your tire sustains covered damage, take the vehicle to the GMC dealership where you purchased the tire. You must maintain your vehicle and the covered tire per the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Losses resulting from normal wear, dry rot, mechanical failures, collision, overloading, improper installation, or abnormal wear caused by misalignment or suspension problems
- Cosmetic damage (i.e., scuffs, scratches, discoloration)
- Losses covered under any manufacturer’s warranty, manufacturer’s recall, or automobile insurance policy