GMC INFOTAINMENT WITH GOOGLE BUILT-IN COMPATIBILITY OFFERS A SEAMLESS, HANDS-FREE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
GMC is continuing to enhance the in-vehicle experience for drivers with available Google built-in†, a new feature added to the GMC Infotainment System† for the 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Pickup, 2022 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, and select trim levels of the new 2022 GMC Sierra 1500.
With Google Maps†, Google Assistant† and Google Play†, your voice is the key to unlocking a wide variety of features and apps to help create a personalized, hands-free experience in your vehicle. Simply say, “Hey Google” to get traffic updates, make a phone call, play your favorite music or podcasts, control the temperature in your vehicle and more.
HOW IT WORKS
New display: The GMC Infotainment System features an innovative display that will be familiar for users and was designed to provide a seamless user experience.
Navigation: With Google Maps, reach your destination with real-time traffic updates and automatic rerouting.
Voice control: With Google Assistant, you can use your voice to access several vehicle functions that range from changing the temperature inside the vehicle to playing music or getting directions completely hands-free.
In-vehicle apps: Google Play will allow you to download some of your favorite apps to enjoy music, podcasts or audiobooks while on the go. Check out all the available in-vehicle apps here.
For the most useful and personalized experience, here are a few steps to get started with your Google built-in system:
1. Sign in to your GMC account. The first time you use the system, you will be prompted to sign in to your GMC account. If you choose to sign in, use the email address provided to the dealer when you purchased your vehicle. This is also the same email you used to log in into your myGMC mobile app† and owner resources.
2. Log in to your Google Account. Although a Google Account† is not required to use the system, signing in to your account will provide the most personalized experience. If you choose to sign in, the profile name of the vehicle will match your Google Account.
3. View or switch profiles. Tap the USER button in the upper left corner of the screen to access or switch profiles. You will be able to access your GMC and Google Accounts within the profile.
4. Pair your smartphone. To pair your compatible smartphone via Bluetooth®, tap the PHONE icon on the HOME screen. To add a new phone, tap “Manage Phones,” then tap the plus sign (+) to add a new phone. Follow the on-screen steps to complete the pairing.
5. Personalize the system. Now comes the fun part! Make your infotainment system yours by personalizing your apps and features. Here are some examples:
- Rearrange app icons on the home screen, or add your favorites to the app drawer by pressing and holding, then dragging and dropping them to your desired location
- Download some of your favorite podcasts, or apps such as Spotify†, Apple Music, or iHeartRadio, and sign in to your third-party accounts
- Save your favorite radio station in the AUDIO app
Google Maps can help you reach your destination with real-time traffic updates and automatic rerouting. All you have to do is say “Hey Google,” tap the Google Assistant icon in the app drawer on the HOME screen, or press and release the Push to Talk button on the steering wheel to get started.
Personalized suggestions. If you’ve signed in to your Google Account, Google Maps will suggest destinations based on your habits and schedule. For the most personalized experience, save some of your favorite addresses, such as your home, work or gym.
Routing options. When choosing a destination, Google Maps will give you multiple options to get there. If your vehicle is equipped with the Super Cruise™† driver assistance feature, available in select trims of the new 2022 GMC Sierra 1500, you can opt for a route that is the most compatible with the hands-free driving technology.
Traffic updates. Google Maps automatically updates with live traffic updates, providing you with the latest map details and the fastest route.
With Google Assistant, you’ll be able to perform a variety of tasks without your hands ever leaving the wheel. Call or text your friends, listen to music, get traffic updates, or even change the temperature in your vehicle.
Here are some examples of voice commands you can use (depending on vehicle equipment and compatible devices) in your vehicle with Google Assistant by simply saying “Hey Google”:
- Phone calls/communication
- “Call Sally”
- “Call 1-888-555-5555”
- “Text Alex ‘I’m on my way home’”
- Media controls
- “Play radio”
- “Turn up the volume”
- “Resume song”
- “Play music”
- Vehicle controls
- “Set the temperature to 70 degrees”
- “Turn on the defroster”
- “What’s on my agenda?”
- “Remind me to pick up my dry cleaning at 6 p.m. tomorrow”
- Smart home controls (requires compatible Google Assistant-enabled devices)
- “Set the temperature at home to 70 degrees”
- “Are the kitchen lights on?”
Google Maps and Google Assistant require a paid service plan or trial. Three-year service plans are included in the 2022 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL AT4 and Denali trims, GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 Pickup, and the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, AT4X, Denali and Denali Ultimate trims.
For more information on availability, apps and features – visit GMC Support.